I Want to See Apps Like this Developed in JavaFX

I Stumbled Upon an app today that represents one type of program that I'd like to see prevalent in JavaFX. The type of program that I'm talking about is the kind that:

  • occupies the entire browser as a JavaFX applet, resizing with the browser,
  • is integrated with the browser's navigation buttons,
  • is indistinguishable from a Web page (other than it does amazing rich-client stuff), and
  • has a Web 2.0++ look and behavior.

The app that I saw today is searchme (which I believe was developed using Flex because it runs in Flash Player 10), and here's a screenshot:

Searchme

Shown above is a "stack" that I created, named JavaFX, by dragging pages that searchme found into the stack facility. Also shown is a magnifying glass with which you can zoom in on the current page.

My hat is off to Searchme, Inc. for creating such an innovative and useful app, and I look forward to spotting apps of this style and caliber written in JavaFX. Please reply with a comment to this post, or alert me via email (jim.weaver at javafxpert.com) when you've spotted or created one.

0 comments:

Yang Sering Dibaca: